Saturday, April 7, 2007

Thank You and an Update

Well, it's been awhile since I've been in here! I've been back to work for two weeks now, and I've been extra busy trying to keep up with everything outside of work. I've been trying to focus on my other blog.
On the smoking front, not much has changed. I've been under a great deal of stress with going back to work and some crazy family issues, the good thing is that I have not increased my smoking, I'm still at about 3 packs a week.
I also wanted to thank everyone who has stopped by to give support and to those who have joined my community at MyBlogLog. Thank you all! I'm going to keep working at this and hopefully soon will be able to concur this crazy addiction.

6 comments:

Histrel said...

Good Luck! I've never smoked but hubby found it really difficult, he tried a couple of times before he managed it. But now he's been smoke free for over 4 yrs - and considering he's an entertainer who worked in smoky pubs etc I think he's done well. It'll be hard but just think of the benefits - the money, the fresh smells and so on. I'm rooting for you x

jiwa sifar said...

3packs?huhu...good luck..just eat some sweet that have a mint flavor=)
http://blog.nawuza.org

isabella mori said...

hi there ... just wondering how you're doing with this right now. it took me ages to quit, and so many ways of trying. i'm happily free of it for almost 20 years now but i remember it all like it's yesterday.

Nancy said...

Hi Isabella,

I'm at about where I was last year; still smoking about 3 to 4 packs a week. I've decided that this year I will quit for good and am thinking about a quit date, either April or beginning of June. I'd like to wait until I've finished school which will be in May. Check back in a month or two and I will be posting here regularly again. Thanks for stopping by. :)

Margot Potter said...

Nancy

You can do it. I swear to you. I smoked a half to a whole pack a day for 14 years and tried to quit a gazillion times. Then I got really sick and almost died, I was only 40 and I decided I had way too much to live for. The patch is the best thing ever. It really, really works.

I was a total nicotine junkie and I'm free. I can't even be around smoking, but I have severe asthma now. Not because I smoked but because of my allergies, but it keeps me from going back!

Pick a time and just keep quitting until it sticks. I always said quitting was easy, it was the not starting again that was tough.

Rock on!
Margot

Nancy said...

Margot,
Thank you! I'm definitely doing it soon. So glad for the positive feedback and support! :)