Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day 5

Day 5 has almost come to an end. The nicotine should now be out of my system and I just now have to work on the psychological aspects of my quit. Today has been tough. There has been a lot of time spent reminding myself of why I quit, that if I did smoke a cigarette now that it would taste nasty and make me feel ill, and of all the things I could be doing other than smoking.
I am just really having a hard time transitioning from one task to the next without a smoke break. One thing I try to do, and it sometimes works, is to take a cup of tea or juice outside and just sit for a few minutes. This is what I did as a smoker. A few deep breaths and some quiet time and I'm back in the game. I also am having trouble with not "going" all the time. I absolutely hate to sit around and not be doing something. I also hate being tired and having to go to bed early. I used to solve this problem by drinking espresso and smoking. I can't do that now and it's frustrating. I'm hopeful that soon I'll be able to drink coffee without it triggering a crave. I may have to go buy an electric coffee maker and go back to drinking brewed coffee rather than my lattes and french press coffee.
Only three days left of vacation and then I am back to work. Work will be the reall challenge.

I have been quit for 4 Days, 20 hours, 46 minutes and 31 seconds (4 days). I have saved $11.67 by not smoking 58 cigarettes. I have saved 4 hours and 50 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/6/2008 11:00 PM

No comments: