Friday, June 13, 2008

Day Seven

I'm at the end of day 7 cigarette free. Today has been harder than any other day so far. I think because I did more today than usual. I am learning how to get through my daily activities without a smoke break. My normal routine when cleaning is to take a break every hour or two with an ice tea (during the day) or coffee (at night)and a smoke. I felt refreshed and ready to get back to work. I enjoy, or did enjoy, doing lots of stuff all at once, and now it drives me crazy because I can't smoke. Smoking made the mundane activities fun. I need to learn a whole new routine. I need to learn how to do things in a whole new way. It's a process that takes time which brings me to another issue and that is support from those around me. At least one person is impatient with my quit and feels unsupportive, and this person doesn't smoke. I guess I am supposed to just be the same person I was before and be over it already. It kinda sucks, but I am trying to get through it as best as I can without resorting to my crutch of cigarettes. A part of me just gets angry and wants to say "fine" I'll just smoke and make everything easier for everyone. Another part of me wants to just ignore it and do my thing. It's a tough fight that I am a little pissed off that I have to fight it. Anyway, I've made it through another day. A whole week smoke free.

I have been quit for 6 Days, 23 hours, 22 minutes and 27 seconds (6 days). I have saved $16.73 by not smoking 83 cigarettes. I have saved 6 hours and 55 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/6/2008 11:00 PM

No comments: