Sunday, June 1, 2008

One Week to Go


Photo by D.A.K. Photography


This is the last week I have to prep for my quit smoking day, which is next Sunday, June 8th. Progress? Still having some problems making time for things. One issue I have is finding the right time of day to practice yoga. In the morning before my son gets up would be perfect except for the fact that Aaron sleeps in the living room (we are in the process of finding a futon we can both sleep on, and giving our room to our son)so early morning yoga would probably disturb him. The only thing I can come up with is playing a yoga dvd on my laptop and doing the yoga in the kitchen, which would be less disturbing, but there may not be enough room. I will find a fix, I will. Everything else is going okay. I am very motivated and getting excited, also a little scared. I spend everyday now focusing on my reasons for quitting and what the benefits will be for me.
This week I'll be continuing to cut down on caffeine, continuing to put off smoking after meals, and to wait for my first cigarette in the morning.
I'm not cutting down on cigarettes for one very important reason:
The longer you go between cigarettes, the better the cigarette feels when you finally smoke one which programs your brain to enjoy smoking more; smoking is more pleasurable. This goes completely counter to what I am trying to achieve; making smoking less pleasurable.
That's all I've got for today. I'll try to update again before my quit date.

No comments: